1. Unfortunately, most of our parents restrict themselves to the academic performance of their children, __________(oblivious) of the many other factors that play a major role in a child’s development.
2. Her wide mouth is her most __________(arresting) feature. Pierced ears and colorfully dyed hair are considered cool by some teenage boys.
3. I believe in the power of the unknown. I believe that a sense of the unknown will _______ (propel) us in all of our creative activities, from science to art.
4. Scientists in the 1950s proclaimed the robot the brainwave of the future—-it would free housewives of _______(drudgery) and fill factories with a tireless work force.
第二部分：片语解析：本题为英语解析 (20 分)
根据所提供的 20 个片语给出简洁英文解释，每题 1 分，共 20 小题，共 20 分。
Directions: This section includes 20 idiomatic expressions or phrases. You are required to interpret the meaning in English. Remember to write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
1. first-order reality and second-order reality
2. present a true, multi-dimensional and panoramic view of China
3. put information in descending order of importance
4. broadsheet and tabloid
5. Associated Press
6. go through the motions and do not seek to understand
第三部分：辞格识别：本题为选择题 (15 分)
依据所给句子，选择正确辞格，说明句子使用的修辞手段。共 10 小题，每题 1.5分，共 15 分。
Directions: In this section, you are going to have 10 sentences with certain rhetorical device used. You are required to choose the correct answerfrom the four choices marked A), B), C) and D) and write down your answer on the Answer Sheet.
1. If you wish to succeed, you should use persistence as your good friends, experience as your reference, prudence as your brother and hope as your sentry.
A) Antithesis B) Parallelism C) Paradox D) Pun
2. I see advancing upon all this in hideous onslaught the Nazi war machine, with its clanking, heel-clicking, dandified Prussian officers, its crafty expert agents fresh from the cowing and tying down of a dozen countries.
A) Synecdoche B) Onomatopoeia C) Euphemism D) Parallelism (A)
3. It is not for me to speak of the action of the United States, but this I will say: if Hitler imagines that his attack on Soviet Russia will cause the slightest divergence of aims or slackening of effort in the great democracies who are resolved upon his doom, he is woefully mistaken.
A) Loose sentence B) Parallel Structure
C) Periodical sentence D) Rhythmical sentence (C)
4. For the mighty army of consumers, the ultimate applications of the computer revolution are still around the bend of a silicon circuit.
A) Parody B) Metonymy C) Allusion D) Euphemism (A)
5. The latter-day Aladdin, still snugly abed, then presses a button on a bedside box and issues a string of business and personal memos, which appear instantly on the genie screen.
A) Pun B) Antonomasia C) Paradox D) Climax (B)
第四部分：文献阅读与写作：本题为学术阅读与写作 (50 分)
就某一话题摘录多篇不同视角的学术文献，先阅读所选文献，整合阅读主题；在 此基础上，写一篇不少于 300 字的议论文，题目自拟，表达自己的认知、理解、看法或观点，要求条理清晰、有理有据、引用规范、表达得体。
Directions: In this part, there are some pieces of academic readings about a given topic with different views or discussions. You are required to synthesize the gist of the readings and make your own comments with not less than 300 words with a given title. Remember to write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
第五部分：时文英译:本题为汉译英 (45 分)
提供一篇时政短文，长度大约500 字，要求翻译成英文。个别生词会提供英语表 述，不需要使用词典。
Directions: In this part, you are required to put the given short article of current afairs into English. Remember to write your answers on the Answer Sheet.
2023年萌新考研“打气筒”，国家线 | 题型分布 | 难度分析 | 复习规划